Meisner IV – Into Performance
During previous semesters, actors learn various tools and how to apply them - working on the six pillars of acting. Meisner IV is aimed at putting it all together for a stage performance to the public.
During this semester, you will go through an experience of rehearsal to performance - learning how to use all the previous tools in an actual environment and process.
NOTE: Due to the nature of this course and its requirements, Meisner IV is an in-studio class only.
- Late Teens & Adults - Must be 16 years or older to enroll
- Prerequisite: Completion of Meisner III
- Begins: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Class Length: 28+ classes / Twice per week
- Class Days: Tuesdays and Fridays (plus tech and performance dates)
- Class Times: 7pm-10:30pm - Full Class Schedule Below
- Tuition (in-studio): $1,095 for 28 classes (98 total class hours - less than $40 per class)
- Tuition Note: Only $245 to register - Payment plans available for balance. Please go to our Tuition Page for details.
• Class Begins Tue, May 30th
• Classes run every Tue/Fri from 5/30-8/11 (7p-10:30p)
• OFF on Tue, July 4th
• Sat, Aug 12th - All day rehearsal (10a-10p)
• Tue, Aug 15th - 4p-11p (Full tech / dress)
• Wed, Aug 16th - 4p-11p (Full tech / dress)
• Fri, Aug 18th - 5pm-11pm (8pm show)
• Sat, Aug 19th (keep all day open - TBD)
• Sun, Aug 20th (keep all day open - TBD)
• Tue, Aug 22nd - Pickup rehearsal (7p-10:30p)
• Fri, Aug 25th - 5pm-11pm (8pm show)
• Sat, Aug 26th (keep all day open - TBD)
• Sun, Aug 27th (keep all day open - TBD)
• Tue, Aug 29th - Post show recap (7p-10:30p)
NOTE: Depending on what we put together, it's possible we could run more shows. However, we would do those on weekend days and according to workable schedules.
Meisner IV continues the journey of the process by putting it all into action!
There are so many tools introduced throughout the semesters, and it's important to learn how and when to use each one. This semester is about learning the overall process and utilizing the tools during a rehearsal and leading to a final performance.
Meisner IV will take you through the entire process of rehearsal, from the very first steps through the intensive tech week. the semester will end with a short run of a showcase of the material, giving the experience of performing on stage to a public audience.
BREAKDOWN OF SEMESTER
Initial Rehearsal: We will conduct all of the initial work needed. Utilizing table work, we will go through the steps of analysis which leads into personalization.
Mid-Rehearsal: Once personalization is underway, we will move to deeper characterization, discovering the nuance of each character. This will also lead us to blocking and physicality.
Tech Week: Also known in the industry as Hell Week, this is an important part of the process and a great experience to have. We will go through a tech design of the show and put it all together.
Performances: All of the work will result in a short run of performances in front of a public audience. This will give you the experience of execution of all the prior work.
This class will be extremely intensive in nature and will require consistent homework. Students will be required to work on their material out of class and come to each class/rehearsal ready for the next step.
SIX PILLARS OF ACTING
Meisner IV puts it all together, with the main focus being Mental/Analytical as we break down the material and prepare the performances. Craft/Technical will also be heavily used this semester, with all of the other pillars applied as necessary.